Thứ Tư, 9 tháng 7, 2014

Rick’s Windows 8.1 Tips & Tricks Has A Consolidated Home

More and more people are buying new computers with Windows 8.1 installed. That’s good as far as I'm concerned because Windows 8.1 is an excellent, easy to use, secure and powerful operating system. But, it’s new and to many it just feels "too different".  I've always believed that the basis for this is mostly because of the fancy Start screen with all of its scary new Tiles.

This Start screen is what I think scared a lot of folks from using Windows 8.1win 1

People using Windows 8.1 for the first time wanted to know "how do I get to my old desktop, I hate these tiles"; "I can't find any programs"; "I don't even know how to shutdown anymore"; and, these were only a few of the mild complaints.

To help get over what I call "Start Screen Shock" I've been putting together a series of Windows 8.1 Tips and Tricks that I hope will make it simple for folks migrating to Windows 8.1 from older versions of Windows. Just for the record, tips like the ones I'm including are all over the web and I've read a lot of them myself. Some are good but some are overly techie and confusing.

Most, I've found, cover about a dozen basics that I feel, once understood, make Windows 8.1 fun, powerful and SIMPLE!  Over the past few weeks, I’ve been putting a few of these tips in my blogs and judging by the response a lot of readers are finding them helpful. It’s not that helpful though to have them scattered all over several different posts!

So, I am in the process of consolidating all these tips and tricks into one blog that can be accessed from my sidebar:

win7

By this Friday, I’ll have added all of my current Windows 8.1 Tips and Tricks to this page and will continue to add new tips whenever I happen to find something useful.

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét