Thứ Bảy, 5 tháng 7, 2014

A Thank You, Staying Positive And Moving Forward

Molly_P 013First, I want to thank each and every reader for your very kind comments and encouragement following the loss of our pup Molly. Paulette and I really appreciate it.

We’ve lost pets before and it never gets any easier that’s for sure. We’ve learned from the past that this is not a time to make any rash decisions like “that’s it, no more pets, it’s just too painful”.

Now is the time to grieve over the loss of Molly, relive all the wonderful times and unconditional love she gave us from the time she entered our lives at 7 weeks old right up until we could no longer bear the idea of her suffering.

A few readers asked how Rylie is doing. She is a bit out of sorts and is acting a lot more ‘clingy’ than usual. Rylie definitely misses Molly a lot. To help her out we’re doing our best to keep up with our regular daily routines.

IMG_2497

Towards that end, I took her for her regular morning walk before 8am then we carried on with our normal activities. Paulette and I took Rylie for a long hike around the Cobble Hill Quarry Lake in the afternoon. So far, other than looking a little sad, Rylie is doing o.k. It will probably be a week or so before Rylie adjusts to be an ‘only dog’. We’re making sure she gets a lot of extra attention in the meantime.

IMG_2498

Molly was with us on our very first RV adventure over 7 years ago and has been on every single one since then too – she loved every minute of it. That’s a big part of the reason why I was able to put the doom and gloom thoughts out of my mind as I thought about Molly on Friday. Instead of dwelling on the past few weeks as her illness progressed and the pain of losing her, I instead tried to focus on all of the wonderful times we enjoyed with Molly both on the road and at home.

IMG_2493

Last evening, as I was driving into town to pick up take-out pizza for dinner, I made an effort to purposely think of Molly running free in our backyard, on our Vancouver Island hiking trails, the long sandy beaches of Monterey, the white sands of New Mexico and the large grassy dog park at the Sands RV Resort in Palm Springs. As I thought of Molly running full-speed with her little sidekick Rylie, I found myself smiling again at those wonderful memories. I’m staying positive and we’re moving ahead!

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét