Thứ Năm, 24 tháng 7, 2014

A Pair Of Owls Pose For Us & Swing Time With Mason

I’ll bet that 99 times out of 100 when we go for our afternoon hike, I always make sure to take my trusty Canon G15 camera along. Wednesday afternoon, as we were getting ready to go to Cobble Hill Mountain and hike up to the water tower, I noticed a light rain was starting to fall so I didn’t bother grabbing my camera, just my iPhone, as I’ve taken hundreds of photos there during previous hikes. Wouldn’t you know it - it turned out to be the first time we’ve ever seen a pair of Owls up close

Thankfully, I had my iPhone along to snap a few pics of these Owlsowl5

As we turned a corner on the trail we saw 2 hikers ahead of us who were standing still and looking into the forest. One of the guys made a motion for us to be quiet as we approached and when we got there we could see why. Perched on a branch maybe 20 ft. from us were 2 beautiful Owls. We just stared at them and they just stared back at us. Luckily, Rylie didn’t see them or she probably would have barked and perhaps scared them away. The Owls didn’t seem bothered by us at all.

I’m sure Judy or someone will identify what type of Owls these areowl3

I took my iPhone out and started snapping photos not knowing how they’d turn out. I’m sure glad I brought it with me though as the photos turned out o.k. – not as clear or as close-up as I could have got with my Canon G15 but pretty good for an iPhone camera.  We must have stood and watched the Owls for a good 10 minutes while they moved their heads about looking around but made no attempts to fly off. From now on, we’ll be checking out the trees on this walk for sure – with my camera!!

Mason loved the swing and the faster and higher the better!md0723148

Much earlier Wednesday, we drove down to Victoria to do a bit of Costco shopping and then drop over for a visit with Carrie and Mason. Our little man was his usual happy self and he was busy playing on his floor mat with some of his toys. Paulette and I made sure he showed us his walking skills – he’s really gaining confidence and going for longer walks now. He really loves it when we clap and cheer after he plunks down on the floor after a little jaunt.

md0723144

To give Carrie a bit of a break, we took Mason down the road to Starbuck’s where we sat outside and had coffee. I got a cookie for Mason but all he wanted to do was break it all up and give it to Rylie. After leaving Starbuck’s we stopped at a little park so Mason could go for a swing – he loved that. He tired us right out so eventually we took the little guy home to Mama!  Carrie and Mason will be coming for a sleepover this Saturday and we’re already looking forward to that.

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét