Chủ Nhật, 6 tháng 7, 2014

A Visit With Our Little Man Lifts My Spirits

There’s nothing like walking into Carrie’s condo and seeing our Grandson Mason break out into a big smile as soon as he sees me. Then he crawls as fast as he can towards me and puts out his arms to be picked up. It sure is a good feeling and that’s exactly what I needed early Saturday morning to cheer me up and lift my spirits. As many readers pointed out, and what I already knew from past experience, the only cure for a loss like losing a pet like Molly is time. And, time takes its time.

IMG_2505IMG_2509

Paulette volunteered to stay home with Rylie as we don’t want to leave her alone for the next week or so. That meant I got to play with Mason on my own and try to keep up with him. Just as I was getting worn out from pushing him around in his hot rod, Carrie suggested I sit on the couch and give Mason the TV remote as he loves to play with it. Sure enough, Mason began pushing buttons and soon he had turned the TV on. Carrie says he does it all the time – must be a chip off the old block!!

md0704143

md0704146

There’s a swimming pool and jogging track up on the roof of Carrie and Mason’s condo building. It s a rubberized track and is perfect for pushing Mason around in his hot rod. He sure loves that and the faster the better. After a while, I managed to maneuver Mason off the track and back home so I could have a bit of a rest. We sat on the couch and read a few of his favorite books.

md07051422

Sometime before noon, it was time to say goodbye to our little man but with a promise to come down and visit him one morning during the week. Mason can wave “bye, bye” now. so as soon as I said “bye”  he started waving proud as punch! It was a fun visit and a nice day for a drive over the Malahat. Back home, we took Rylie for a walk at the Mill Bay Nature Park and then just took it easy for the rest of the day and evening.

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét