Thứ Tư, 22 tháng 10, 2014

Walking, Hiking And Getting My Stitches Removed

In between periods of rain showers, clouds and a bit of sun, I managed to get in my normal long neighborhood walk in the morning, a hike around Quarry Lake with Paulette and Rylie in the afternoon, followed by a quick trip to our local Walk-In Medical Center to have the stitches from last week’s basal cell surgery removed. Although I didn’t feel like I did much I managed to set a new high for daily steps walked with 14,839. My usual daily average has been 11,459.

Cobble Hill’s Quarry LakeIMG_6677[3]

In case you might be wondering how a step is measured the Health app on my iPhone calculates it based on my height and perhaps some other criteria I’m not aware of. Anyway, in my case each step is considered to be 2.5 ft. So by taking 14,839 steps yesterday that equates to 7.02 miles. Like I said, that’s a little over my usual average of 5.43 miles per day.

IMG_0295[3]

I’m finding the Apple Health apps on my iPhone to be a real motivator for me to make sure I get in enough exercise each day. As you all know, I like techie gizmos and gadgets so being able to track all this information and have the history at my fingertips is a real incentive to keep going.

IMG_6676[3]

One of the best features of the Health App for me is setting a reasonable goal for weight loss and a date to achieve that loss then being able to not only track current weight loss but to see instantly how I’m doing with respect to my schedule. For instance, after achieving my first weight loss goal I set a new one of losing 10lbs. by November 30th. Each morning after my weigh-in and entering it into the app, I get an instant readout of telling me “I’m right on schedule”; or, I may be 1.2 lbs behind or on especially good days I could be 1.5lbs ahead. It helps keep things in perspective.

IMG_0293[3]

We got rained on a bit during our 1 hour walk around Quarry Lake but we were dry for the most part and even had a bit of sun at the very end. Not long after we got home I drove down the hill to our local Walk-In Clinic to have my sutures removed. It wasn’t busy at all so the doctor on duty called me in right away and he those out in less than 2 minutes. He was very impressed by the tiny sutures and said I won’t have any visible scar at all. Too bad – I kind of wanted a bit of a scar!

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét