Thứ Tư, 29 tháng 10, 2014

Idiot’s Of The Day–Toronto’s Ward 2 Voters Elect Rob Ford

ford 1

You’ve got to be kidding me! OMG! Those were my first reactions on Monday night when I heard that the crack-smoking, drunk driving, scandal-ridden Mayor of Toronto, Rob Ford, had been elected to City Council by the dim-witted voters in his Ward 2 riding.

My next reaction was “well at least he will no longer be the mayor of Canada’s largest city and the 5th largest in North America.”  But, still……really, Toronto?  C’mon, man!

Rob Ford bowed out of the race to be re-elected mayor in September after being diagnosed with a rare and aggressive cancer, He has said he intends to beat cancer and I sincerely hope he does.  I wish him well with that as I do for anyone who is battling such a terrible disease. I’ll say this for the man – he has shown incredible stubbornness and determination in fighting back against scandals that would have destroyed most politicians. Let’s hope that will help in his fight against cancer.

toronto[7]

When he decided to drop off the ballot for Mayor, Rob Ford tapped his equally obnoxious brother, Doug, to run in his place. Thankfully, the voters in metro Toronto rejected that idea by electing another candidate John Tory. Tory will be sworn in on December 1st and finally, I hope, the Ford Circus in Toronto will end for good. But, I somehow think my hopes may be in vain. Rob Ford on city council will always be a clown show and he is sure to make more headlines - bad ones!

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét