Thứ Năm, 9 tháng 10, 2014

Scheduled To Go Under The Knife Next Wednesday

Thankfully, it’s no where near as dramatic as my phony, hyped-up headline.  Still, next Wednesday, Oct. 15th, I will have to report bright and early at 8:30 am to Victoria General Hospital for outpatient surgery to remove a Basal Cell cancer on my right nasal bridge. Following the initial diagnosis by my own doctor on Oct. 1st he setup an appointment for me to see a Dermatologist for an examination and biopsy yesterday.

Here’s a few of my previous photos of the Dallas Rd. waterfrontIMG_9218

When the Dermatologist examined the area in question she quickly determined that it was a Basal and not a Squamous cancer. That was good news as Squamous is a little more serious from what I understand. Instead of doing a biopsy yesterday she recommended surgically removing the area at the hospital next week. She said she’d remove the cancer and skin around it and have it tested at the lab to confirm it is a Basal cell as well as the edges to make sure she cut it all out.

IMG_3989[3]

My only problem with all of this happening so quickly is that we have our Poker Night scheduled for next Wednesday night down in Victoria as well. The doc told me that shouldn’t be an issue as I’ll be o.k. to drive myself home from the hospital after the surgery. She said I’ll have a small dressing over the affected area and I will no doubt end up with a black eye as well. Other than that I should be “good to go by game time”.  It reminds me of my hockey days….you gotta play through the pain!

IMG_9222

The 2pm doctor’s appointment down in Victoria really put a wrench in most of my day. I did manage to get at least one good deed done though before going to the doctor by stopping over at my friend Nirmal’s to fix up his daughter’s laptop computer. She had managed to bring a fairly new Dell with Windows 8.1 to an almost complete halt as it was loaded with virus’ and malware. One hour of techno-surgery got rid of the pests and all’s well again with her new Dell.

IMG_9230

Even after working on the computer I still had 2 hours to kill before my appointment so I drove down to Victoria’s Dallas Rd. waterfront to kill some time and to go for a long walk towards achieving my daily goal of 10,000 steps. Mission accomplished! I only had to go for a short walk with Rylie after I got home to put me over the top for the 11th straight day. Not only is this good for the ol’ heart, I’m losing weight too!

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét