Thứ Bảy, 11 tháng 10, 2014

A Quick Trip To Costco And A Visit With Mason

We needed some cleaning supplies and a few other staple items we always buy from Costco so I volunteered to drive down to Victoria and pick them up. Besides, that would give me the opportunity to pop-over to Carrie’s for a visit with Mason. It sure was a great feeling when I arrived because as soon as Mason saw me he just ran right towards me with both arms outstretched for me to pick him up. That just made my whole day…..what a great feeling!

IMG_1048

It wasn’t long before Mason had me down on the floor again this time to play in his little tent. The only part of me that I could get in through the door flap on the tent was my head but Mason thought that was pretty funny.

md1010141

We played on the floor with a bunch of his toys until my knees began to get sore. I asked Carrie if I could take Mason up to the roof to push him around on the running track in his little car. She said sure he loves that “but he likes to get out and play in the gravel more”!  Sure enough, Mom was right.  As soon as I started pushing Mason around the track, he opened his car door and wanted out to check out the little crushed rocks on the side of the road – what a driver!!

IMG_1057

I had to keep a close eye on Mason as he was sure the crushed rocks should go on the nice, black rubberized running track. He’d scoop up a handful of rocks throw them on the track and Grandpa would sweep them back off. Great fun!

While I was cleaning off the track, Mason wandered over to three vent pipes sticking up and for some reason decided he just had to fit himself between them. That was ok I guess but I had to catch him before he started putting rocks down the pipes. Jeesh!!

Finally, taking a rest, having a snack and watching Thomas the Trainmd101014

After Mason tired me out on the roof, I was able to get him back downstairs and inside where his Mom made him a snack and we settled on the sofa to watch Mason’s favourite show Thomas the Train. Thank goodness for Thomas as I got a chance to rest and catch my breath. Once the show ended it was time for a little nap for Mason and time for me to head over to Costco and then home.  We’ll be back to see Mason on Sunday for a Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner!

IMG_1084

Costco was a madhouse when I got there just around noon. I guess everyone was stocking up for the big Thanksgiving weekend. Luckily, I didn’t need to get much and all the tills were open so I was outta there in 30 minutes. Later in the afternoon, we took Rylie for a long walk around the Quarry Lake. It was cool and a bit drizzly but at least I managed to get my daily steps goal accomplished.

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét