Thứ Sáu, 10 tháng 10, 2014

A Photo Tour Of One Of My Morning Walks

It was just starting to get light when I walked into the kitchen yesterday morning and looked out the window. It may as well have been dark because I couldn’t see much more than 10 ft. because of the fog. We’ve been having quite a bit of fog these past few mornings but that’s pretty common for us at the beginning of fall. By the time I left for my long morning walk with Rylie the fog was beginning to lift a bit but the sun never broke through the haze until just around noon and then we had blue skies.

A very nice Thanksgiving wagon in the front yard of a home I walked byIMG_3111

This Monday, Oct. 13th is our Canadian Thanksgiving Day.  Paulette and I are in for a real treat this year as Carrie has invited the entire family over on Sunday for a turkey dinner. It looks like everyone will be there with the exception of our daughters living in Calgary and Ottawa. Mason is going to be thrilled to see everyone come to his home to see him! I honestly can’t remember the last time Paulette has not had to prepare a big turkey dinner for Thanksgiving so this will be a treat for her!

The first small family farm I pass after turning onto Cowichan Bay Rd.IMG_3096

IMG_3099

For my morning walk on Thursday I chose a route that takes me down the hill from our street then on to Cowichan Bay Rd. heading down towards the village on the Bay. The total return distance is 3.5 miles which equates to about 7,312 steps. This is the longest walk I go on when I start from our home. It’s nice too as I get to pass by a lot of farms and fields along the way.

Sheep grazing in a pastureIMG_3091

This guy was in the pasture with the sheep!IMG_3094

There are always a lot of horses out in the fields tooIMG_3107

Along this walk I can expect to see all kinds of different farm animals including cows, llamas, sheep, horses, goats, chickens and sometimes the odd one I don’t recognize.

Bench Elementary School – Paulette taught Gr. 1 hereIMG_3100

My next point of interest about a mile down Cowichan Bay Rd. is Bench Elementary School. This is the school where Paulette taught Gr. 1 for several years and also where all our kids went to school as well.

A few days ago the corn was 8’ high in this fieldIMG_3104

Passing by the dairy farm that’s adjacent to Bench Elementary I noticed that the tall cornfield had been razed to the ground. It was still there earlier in the week when I walked past but I guess that big John Deere equipment made short work of the corn. I think its all used to feed the cattle as I’ve never seen corn on the cob sold there.

A small country road along my walking routeIMG_3109

Eventually, I turn off of Cowichan Bay Rd. and do a bit of a loop back before heading for home. This is a good walk that really gets the blood pumping as the walk back home is slightly uphill at the beginning with a pretty good grade for the final stretch.

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét