Thứ Năm, 27 tháng 11, 2014

Paulette Featured In QUILTmania Magazine Article – Wow!

Paulette’s favourite quilting magazine has always been QUILTmania.  So, guess what?  She received an email from the magazine several weeks ago asking her if she would like to be featured in their new BLOGGER’S CORNER.  Paulette was taken aback by this and expressed shock, surprise and bewilderment as well as a lot of disbelief. Was this some kind of scam?  Nope!  She received a complimentary copy of the Nov/Dec #104 issue and there she was in a full page write-up on Page 88.

This is the article Paulette wrote for QUILTmania Magazine’s #104 Issuequilt 1

Even Rylie managed to sneak in for a cameo appearance quilt 2

When Paulette submitted her article with about 20 photos, as requested, she had no idea how much, if any, would ever make it to the magazine. So, you can imagine her surprise when QUILTmania arrived in the mail the other day and she opened it:

Paulette:  I can’t believe that that’s ME…being featured in QUILTMANIA MAGAZINE…my favourite all time magazine…and no, I’m not just saying that…it REALLY is my favourite magazine!!”

So, congrats to the most famous, talented blogger in the Doyle family – by a country mile!

quiltmainia quiltmainia

It was a great article in which Paulette talked about her popular Sweet P Quilting And Creations blog, how she started quilting and how much she enjoys it today. Above, on the left, is current Issue #104.  If I had been asked for any editorial input, which I wasn’t, I would have suggested only one change and that is shown in the right panel above. I just couldn’t help but think of that old song by Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show:

I wanna see my smiling face on the cover of the Rolling Stone” 
only this time with a slight change in lyrics:
I wanna see my smiling face on the cover of QUILTmania Mag” 

IMG_26373

As for my take on living with a celebrity, so far all’s good. I’m showing the right amount of respect and deference to the ‘top-dog’ blogger. I have to say though that when Paulette first discovered the Joy of Quilting shortly after she retired, it quickly became a passion.  Then it progressed to an obsession and now it seems to be on the verge of full-scale incurable disease. I mean, Paulette’s “quilt-stash” is almost enough to clothe the Russian army, that is if the Russian army would wear quilts!

Happy Thanksgiving to all American readersHappyThanksgiving

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét