Thứ Ba, 18 tháng 11, 2014

G+/Blogger Comment Integration – Wassup Bloggers?

Back in July, 2013 I switched to the new Google+ and Blogger Integrated Comment System instead of continuing to use Blogger default comments. The main reason I switched was because the G+/Blogger allows me to respond to a reader’s comment and guess what?  The reader who left the comment gets an email that contains my response – how great is that?   Or not?  How often do you ever go back to a blog to see if anyone has ever responded to one of your comments? 

A couple of photos from our walks last weekIMG_3428

Also, using plain old Blogger, you may leave a comment not expecting a reply from the blogger but for many reasons the author, or perhaps another reader, may just respond and you never, ever know it. With the Integrated Comment system in place you’ll always be notified if anyone responds to your comment. This feature alone really enhances the ability for communication and discussion.  A few bloggers have switched to Integrated comments but not as many as I thought might.

IMG_3430

Now, before I go any further, I have to make a necessary disclaimer here for some folks less they misunderstand what I’m saying. I’m not recommending or suggesting anyone SHOULD use G+ Blogger Comment Integration on their blogs. I am simply saying that I have switched and found it to be an extremely improved, useful tool that has enhanced comment discussion on my blog and resulted in increased traffic and communication. It also virtually eliminates dreaded SPAM comments.

If you’ve left a comment on my blog this year, then you have a G+ Profileg

My experience with Integrated Comments has left me wondering why more bloggers haven’t switched. I think one of the initial reasons was the fact that in order to leave a comment a reader had to have a G+ Profile and many thought this might restrict non-G+ folks from commenting. Now, with Google’s one account for everything, everyone with a Gmail address has a G+ Profile.  I’ve researched this and know that anyone who has left a comment on my blog in the past year has a G+ Profile - whether you know it or not!

If you are interested in trying out G+/Blogger Integrated Comments it’s a pretty simple switchover.  First, you must connect your Blogger Profile to your G+ Profile as follows:

1.  Go to your Blogger Dashboard > Settings and Click on Google+comments 4

2. On the new Splash Screen click on ‘Get Started’g  comment 1

3. Check the box as shown and click ‘Switch Now’Blogger- Connect to Google

Once your blogs are linked to a Google+ profile, a new “Use Google+ Comments” setting will be displayed on the Google+ tab of your Blogger Dashboard.

4. Check the box next to that setting to start using Google+ Commentsgoogle  settings[4]

Here’s some good news for owners of an iPhone 4s or iPad 2.  Yesterday, Apple released a new software update (iOS 8.1.1) and according to the release notes it comes with upgrades specifically targeted at improving the performance of iOS 8 on the iPhone 4S and iPad 2.  Many users reported a fairly significant performance drop with the initial upgrade to iOS 8 on their iPhone 4s.  This upgrade apparently fixes those issues.  To update:  Go to Settings> General > Software Update.

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét