Thứ Hai, 3 tháng 11, 2014

A Remote Key Fob Range Extending Trick & Apple Health

Did you know that when you’re beyond the remote range for your vehicle’s key fob  you can point it at your head and it just might work?  I didn’t either but it’s true and it works. I leaned this little trick from Paulette on Saturday as we walked away from our parked Honda. I suddenly stopped as I couldn’t remember if I’d locked the doors. When I pointed the remote at the car nothing happened as I was out of range. Dang!

honda4accord

That was when Paulette told me to point the key fob at my head and try it again! What? The conversation went something like this:

Paulette: Point the Key Fob at your head and try it.
Me:  What are you talking about?
Paulette: Go ahead, just try it. Point it at your head.
Me:  That’s nuts! Where’d you hear that crazy story?.
Paulette:  Try it.
Me: Alright, but it won’t……well, I’ll be darned it worked!

Sure enough, I pointed the key fob at my temple and clicked ‘Lock’ and right away the red brake lights on the Civic flashed, the horn beeped and the car was locked. Still unbelieving, I tried it again and the key fob only worked when it was pointed at my head. Paulette said she had learned this trick from one of our kids who uses it all the time. I made a mental note to ask Maharishi Google about this when I got home so I could find out what gives.

Sure enough, Google confirmed this particular technique is well known and has been around for quite some time. Apparently, our skulls (the emptier the better) act as a resonance chamber for the RF signal from your wireless remote and thus enhance the signal and the effective range. There are other theories but the fact is it works. It kind of makes me wonder what all those radio signals do to one’s brain while they are whirring around – kinda scary!

A few stats from my first month using Apple’s Health App

STEPSIMG_1182

The Health app tracks the number of steps I take each day and displays the results in graph form by day, week, month or year. It also calculates my daily average and for the month of October that was 11,454 steps a day which was over my daily goal of 10,000. It also shows my highest day, 15,872 steps and lowest at 10,027.

Walking + Running DistanceIMG_1184

For the month of October I walked an average distance of 7.77kms a day with my longest walk being 10.96kms and shortest 6.26kms.

Active Calories BurnedIMG_1186

Based on my height, weight and age it’s estimated that my Daily Basal calorie burn is 2084 calories. These are the number of calories I would burn by doing nothing much than my normal activities. I don’t pay much attention to my calorie intake although I have been watching it much more carefully this month. According to what I’ve read if I can burn 500 calories over my Basal number then I should lose weight. For October I burned an average of 540.75 calories a day with the highest total being 962 and the lowest 361 calories. It seems to be working as I’m losing weight.

WeightIMG_1185

As the above weight chart shows, I’ve managed to keep up a fairly consistent weight loss program for October. My total weight loss for October is a little over 10lbs and I want to lose 10 more to reach my goal. This category is the most difficult of all – the steps and distance are easy compared to weight loss but I’m going to try and keep up the same pace right through November and see what happens.

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét