Thứ Bảy, 1 tháng 11, 2014

Mason’s ‘Jailhouse Rock’ & Harrowing Halloween Story

IMG_3267The CanWest Shopping Mall near Carrie and Mason’s turns their premises over each Halloween around 3pm to little ghosts, goblins, princess’s and even a few jailbirds so the little ones can be safe, warm and have a lot of fun while they enjoy their tricks and treats.

What a great idea!  We met Carrie and Mason at the Mall just after 3pm and it was already a zoo. It was wild with little toddler’s racing around in their costumes.

All the parents were there too, of course, and I noticed that there were lots of proud grandparents too. You can always tell the grandparents as they seem to be the ones forever snapping photos!

Mason and Carrie had arrived just before us and our ‘little man’ was sure surprised to see us. He was so excited that he didn’t know where to run first.

Momma and Mason – Jailbirds on the looseIMG_3266

Mason wanted no part of being carried that’s for sure. He wanted to run free through the mall along with all the other kids so that’s exactly what we let him do. What a blast that was. Each of the stores in the mall had employees dressed in costumes who were giving out treats to all the trick or treaters as they ran by the front of their stores. Each trick or treater had been given a big bag to collect their treats.

IMG_3280

Mason had quite a story to tell about his first Halloween experience and asked if he could write about it in my blog. Sure, you’re a better blogger than me, Mason:

Little did I know that when my Mom dressed us up like jailbirds that the Sherriff at CanWest Mall would mistake us for real escaped convicts. I’m sure glad my Grandpa was there to capture all of this excitement on film otherwise I’m sure none of my friends would believe me.

Things were going o.k. as we stopped so Grandpa could take a pictureIMG_3276

Next thing I know – My Mom and I are busted and sent to the slammer!IMG_3301

Things didn’t look good as we were handcuffed and taken to the Mall jailhouse. My Mommy was scared but not me. I had a plan.

I said to my Mom….md1031142

We gotta’ get out of this place……..If it’s the last thing we ever do….IMG_3286

We gotta’ get out of this place…..IMG_3288

Mom, there’s a better place for me and you!IMG_3289

See my Tats – I’m not to be messed with and we’re free again!IMG_3296

It didn’t take me long to squeeze through the bars. I’m sure glad I was little enough for that or we might have had to spend a long night in the slammer. Now, it was time to make a run for it.

Hurry, Mommy, hurry….IMG_3314IMG_3315

Faster, faster – the Sherriff's right behind us I thinkIMG_3318

Hop in Mom and I’ll drive us outta here in no time!IMG_3305

Well, all of a sudden I woke up in my crib at home safe and sound. I saw my crib rails and thought I was back in jail. Then I realized it must have all been just a bad dream. My Mom said I probably had a nightmare because I tried candy for the first time in my life. It was pretty good but I still like my veggies too and they don’t give me bad dreams. It was scary but everyone tells me Halloween is supposed to be scary. I guess my Halloween was just about perfect then, right?

My Grandpa made sure I was safe and sound before going homeIMG_1164

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét