Thứ Hai, 16 tháng 6, 2014

Happy Birthday, Mason! What An Awesome Year!

A year ago, on the morning of Saturday, June 15th, Paulette and I were huddled nervously in the Maternity Ward of the Victoria General Hospital awaiting the birth of our first grandson. At 6am that morning, we had received a phone call letting us know that Carrie had been admitted at 4am after experiencing contractions. It seemed like an eternity as we waited but in reality it was only 4 hours before a very nice nurse walked in and announced ““the baby’s out and is a healthy boy”.!

Mason Richard Thomas Doyle – 8lbs – just minutes after he was bornIMG_4955[7]

I still vividly remember jumping up and doing my best “Wayne Gretzky fist-pump” just as if I’d scored the Stanley Cup winning goal – only this news was much better! We had a healthy baby and that’s all we had hoped for. Minutes later, we were allowed into the birthing room to congratulate the beaming new Mom, Carrie, and to say hello to her beautiful little baby boy Mason.Paulette and I got to hold Mason in our arms and to marvel at the miracle that brought us all such a perfect little baby.

“It’s been a great year for me, Grandpa, and I’m looking forward to year 2”IMG_2410

Over the past year, I’ve chronicled our many visits and happy times with Mason as well as posting dozens (hundreds??) of photos of our smiling little man. It’s been every bit as rewarding to us to read all the wonderful comments left by readers about Mason. He is truly one happy, good natured little guy and most of the credit for that goes to his absolutely wonderful Mom – our daughter Carrie! She’s super Mom!

Holding Mason in the birthing room not long after he was bornIMG_4923[3]

IMG_2389IMG_2390

Mason’s Birthday Party with all his little friends was a huge success and his hot-rod was the big attraction and in high-demand amongst the little guys.

IMG_2423

All this partying has tired me out – I needed a nap!the birthday boy

For this blog, the pictures tell the story much better than any more words from me!

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét