Chủ Nhật, 8 tháng 6, 2014

Getting Ready For An Early 1st Birthday Party For Mason

Sunday is going to be “Birthday Party” time at our house. All the men in our family have June birthdays – Mason (June 15), Kevin (June 17) and me (June 9). It made sense to us to combine these celebrations into one day when most of our family can attend. It worked out pretty well as 4 of our 5 kids will be here including a daughter who flew in from Ottawa on Friday night.

Just a week to go before Mason turns 1 – what an incredibly fast year!md_0607141

All family birthdays are special, of course, but Mason’s 1st is extra-special. I’ll be turning the “Big 7-0” so everyone seems to think that’s a big deal too. As for son Kevin, he’s just celebrating a routine “mid-40’s” birthday so he’ll just have to struggle along behind Mason and me I suppose. Actually, Kevin and I will both be playing second fiddle to our little man as he’s definitely going to be the big attraction as he gets to taste his first piece of cake ever!  We all want to see that!

md_0607142

All in all, it should be a lot of fun with 4 of our kids as well as grandkids Jessica, Mikayla and Mason. I’ll be busy on the Weber Q grilling up hamburgers, chicken burgers and hot dogs – always our favorite birthday party food. There are going to be a few birthday cakes too – a very special one for Mason, of course, and another special homemade cake for Kevin and me.

We think Mason is going to like his first car! Vroom! Vroom! Vroom!IMG_2308

Friday night, Paulette and I spent over 2 very frustrating hours trying to put together the little car we got for Mason. We bought this car at Costco and just assumed it was all assembled in the huge box it came in. Wrong! There were screws, pieces and a setup instruction with 45 steps! No explanation, just 45 pictures. I was ready at one time to throw it all back in the box, return it to Costco, and buy Mason a real car that came fully assembled. We worked through it though.

IMG_2307

I feel fairly safe in posting these pics of Mason’s new hot rod before his party as I don’t believe he reads my blog yet. As you might guess, this 1st Birthday Party for Mason will not be the only one. Carrie is arranging another party for his actual 1st birthday on Sunday, June 15th with many of his “little friends”. It’s definitely going to be a big week of celebrating for our little man.

md0607141

As for me turning 70, I may have more to say about that after Monday. I’ll have to wait and see what it feels like to be what I used to consider “really, really old”. Other than a few more aches and pains now and then I can’t say I feel all that much different than any other age. As long as my mind is mostly intact I’ll always be o.k.!

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét