Thứ Bảy, 14 tháng 2, 2015

President Obama Returns To Palm Springs This Saturday Aboard Air Force One And I’ll Be There To Record It

President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle will be arriving in Palm Springs early this afternoon aboard Air Force One.  That makes it exactly one year to the day that I got my first look at Air Force One as it came in for a landing at 7pm with the President aboard.  Here’s what I captured in a night-time video clip:

President Obama lands aboard Air Force One on Feb. 14, 2014

Here’s how I described the experience in my blog that night:

“I did it!  I actually was able to get a video clip of Air Force One landing in Palm Springs even though it was completely dark out.  It sure was exciting to see that beautiful 747 as it approached and touched down with nary a bump!  That was my first live look at Air Force One and it was quite a thrill.”

I managed to get pretty up close and personal with Air Force One last yearIMG_0613[3]

To the utter amazement of many friends here at the Sands RV Resort and readers in blogland as well, I was able to walk along a closed road to within about 100 yards from Air Force One as it sat in an area not too far south of the main terminal.  No one ever approached me to ask what I was doing so I just kept snapping photos.

Will I get this close this weekend?  I’m going to try!IMG_0620[3]

All roads into and out of the Palm Springs Airport with the exception of one were closed to the public as of 1pm Friday afternoon.  They will remain closed until late Monday after the President and Mrs. Obama have left for Washington, DC.  I think I’ll try the same routine that worked for me last year to see if I can once again get up close and personal with Air Force One.  If you don’t hear from me, it might be that I’m being “held for questioning” somewhere.  We’ll see!

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét