Chủ Nhật, 15 tháng 2, 2015

Another Up-Close Look At Air Force One In Palm Springs

The Secret Service fooled me and a lot of other people in Palm Springs Saturday morning as President Barack Obama and Air Force One cruised in for a landing here at 9:30am which was a full 2 hours ahead of the announced schedule. I’m thinking they must have read my blog last night and figured to foil my plan.  Right??  Or maybe the President got an earlier tee time?  Anyway, I did find the clip below on YouTube of the big 747 landing so here it is:

Air Force One landing and President Obama disembarking

Even though I missed the actual landing, as your intrepid blog reporter I didn’t let that stop me from heading over to the airport to get some photos as I suspected I knew exactly where Air Force One was going to be parked and how I could walk right up to it just like I did last year!!  Sure enough, even though Kirk Douglas Way, the main road into the airport was barricaded, I parked my truck and walked across a bit of desert before bypassing the barricades and walking along Kirk Douglas Way all the way to where AF1 was parked for the weekend.

I was able to snap the following photos from about 100 yds. of Air Force OneIMG_3887

IMG_3882

IMG_3892-001

IMG_3897

Hey, you!  Get off my tarmac!!  What the heck are you doing here? Out!!!!IMG_3903

Things were going amazingly well until I walked up to an open gate in front of where Air Force One was parked. Just as I was about to sneak in for an even closer look a female security guard walked up.  I thought what the heck and asked “any chance of getting in for a tour of Air Force One?”  Her answer: NONE! ,,,,,and with that she pointed in the direction I should go immediately.  OK, then!

Kirk Douglas Way was closed off and deserted (except for yours truly)!IMG_3911

It sure takes a lot of vehicles to move a US President around

At the airport, I took a few more photos of aircraft take-offs and landingsIMG_3912IMG_3918IMG_3928

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét