Thứ Hai, 15 tháng 9, 2014

Setting Up A New Private Family Blog Brings Back Memories

A few weeks ago while in the midst of struggling with the “issue of what’s “too much information” and what’s “not enough?” to put into my blog I made the rash decision to turn my present blog into a totally private blog. I further compounded that mistake by publishing this post: I’ve Discovered The Secret To Happy Blogging!  Private!!  Then, just a few hours later, I changed my mind, posted a new blog entry, and announced I was My Idiot of the Day. Even so, I thought the private blog idea still had some merit.

September 14, 2013IMG_7477[3]

September 14, 2014IMG_0776

After considering different ideas and approaches I went ahead and created a brand new blog that is accessible only to myself and anyone in my family I choose to invite. I’ve been writing it for about 2 weeks now and I think it’s gone a long way towards meeting my goals of keeping a history of not only my daily activities but that of our family. It’s not a personal diary by any means. But, it is a way to get around the legitimate privacy concerns of those who don’t want photos or stories of themselves splashed around my blog for all the world to see.

.A year ago!IMG_7431[3]

Yesterday – sampling some pizza with his hands – attaboy Mason!!IMG_0783

The private family blog is not a daily venture as I only write entries when something family specific happens like a birthday, visits, weddings or anything to do with Mason of course. The exception to my private blog is, of course, Mason. as Carrie is o.k. with me writing about our little man and posting pics of his smiling face on my blog. To get my new private blog rolling, I actually went back to the day Mason was born and imported all of my posts where Mason has been featured. Wow! Has there ever been a lot!!

A year ago exactlyIMG_7448[3]

That’s how I came across these pics of Mason from September 14, 2013 and compared them to ones I took of him just yesterday when we went down to Victoria and took our little guy for pizza and then cake back at Carrie’s afterwards. Seeing these photos of Mason then and now made it crystal clear to me that having this family blog is a great idea no matter how long I continue to write my current blog.

Digging into some Birthday Cake and feeding himself with his spoon!IMG_0795

I’m enjoying my Rick’s Bits ‘n Bytes blog more now because I’m able to write about things I’m interested in without having to be concerned about privacy issues with members of my family. I still get heck once I a while for mentioning things I feel are perfectly o.k. but set off alarm bells with others. But, on the whole, it’s a much, much better for everyone including me. The more I stick to bits ‘n bytes the better off I am!

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét