Thứ Năm, 25 tháng 9, 2014

Do You Prefer A Latte Salute, Dog Salute Or No Salute?

When i stumbled into my computer room at 6:30am yesterday and quickly put my coffee cup down on my desk before spilling it all over, I was looking forward to a good day without a care in the world. I woke up my computer screen, opened my email and saw a message from a fellow blogger simply titled Obama’s Salute. Huh? I didn’t have a clue what it was about but I quickly opened it to read the following:

I’ve noticed that you are always pointing out things people say about your buddy obama …. but as a US retired military I find this latest gaffe by him to be disrespectful as do many other military people.
Saluting the marines as he steps off his helo with a coffee cup in the hand he is saluting with.

President Obama salutes as he steps off Marine One in NYCobama-salutes-marines-with-coffee-cup-in-hand

He included a link to a story about how President Obama, with a coffee cup in hand, had given a less than formal salute to a marine as he exited Marine One after arriving in New York City. So, it’s going to be “one of those days” I remembered thinking. But, after a quick check of the web news about this “worst thing that a US President has ever done since the last worst thing Barack Obama has ever done”, President George W. Bush rode in on Air Force One with his dog Barney!  Praise all gawds!!

President George W. Bush’s Barney the Dog Salutes

bush

bush 12-26-2006

08-15-2008

barney2

Wondering what my blogger friend would think of this I emailed him back and we both ended up having a laugh:

ME:  I don't think it's any more disrespectful than George W. Bush saluting the marines while carrying his dog.

Other Blogger: LOL....good memory….Both disrespectful

ME: I agree. But Presidents are human, make mistakes and have a lot more on their minds at any given time than the average guy.  I'm surprised they don't do stupid things more often.

Thankfully, by 7am, my first major crises of the day was over and I was still on speaking terms with the other blogger. That, in itself, is somewhat of a miracle because when it comes to politics, these types of things can quickly escalate into nasty exchanges. But, what would I know about that, right? 

Did Karl Rove (aka Turd Blossom) actually forget about Barney?  fox 1

Being a glutton for punishment, I checked out a few frothing, spittle laced right wing conservative sites to see how they were reacting to President Obama’s salute. It was just what I expected – faux outrage on Faux News. To begin with “latté” and “coffee cup salute” are just things these deranged nutbar conservatives made up, the President doesn’t even drink coffee.  Trust me – I know – I’m his “buddy”.

fox 2

Presidential salutes never seemed to bother Fox before Barack Obama became President. That’s right, President George W. Bush was photographed saluting his Marine guard without even bothering to put down his dog! He did this on many, many occasions and Karl Rove was probably standing right behind President Bush when he saluted. The crazies rule on Faux and the craziness never stops!

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét