Thứ Hai, 29 tháng 9, 2014

A Mountain, iOS 8.0.2 And A Little Pumpkin Eater

IMG_1004

After two unsuccessful attempts at releasing a stable upgrade to its new iOS 8, Apple finally succeeded on Friday afternoon.

This update fixed up the glitch that had made Apple pull its much heralded HealthKit apps from its online store. It was pretty embarrassing for Apple as the new HealthKit was a big deal at the launch of 8.0.1.

The iOS 8.0.2 update went very smoothly and quickly for me on Friday. It’s only a 72.8MB file and the whole process from download to install only took about 15 minutes.

I was anxious to see what the new HealthKit was all about so I downloaded a few Apps that work with Apple’s HealthKit and to test them out, I actually asked Paulette if she wanted to climb to the top of Cobble Hill Mountain. She agreed as she’s always up for some rigorous exercise.

 

Took this photo from the top of Cobble Hill Mountain with my iPhone 5sIMG_0996

I got caught up in watching some football games and then a few TV shows on Sunday night so I ran out of time to blog about HealthKit.  I’ll review what I found in another blog but what I can say is that just using my iPhone I was able to track and record my heart beat, number of steps taken, miles walked, calories burned and a lot of other data relative to my health. It’s pretty neat actually and it’s free too!

Mason’s first visit to the Pumpkin Patch with his Mommd0928143

md0928142

md0928145

md0928147

While Paulette and I were slogging our way up Cobble Hill Mountain on Sunday morning, Carrie took Mason to see his very first Pumpkin Patch. This was all new to our little man as he has no idea that Halloween will be here soon but that didn’t stop him from having fun. He seemed to think the pumpkins were just big odd shaped soccer balls to pick up and play with. He sure is learning new stuff every day!

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét