Thứ Năm, 11 tháng 9, 2014

A Day Of Odds ‘n Sods And A Few iPhone 5S Pics

One of the things I really don’t like is having morning appointments for anything. Since I retired, I don’t like appointments period but morning ones are always worse than others. I usually have a nice, relaxing routine in the morning getting up around 6:30am, then pouring a cup of coffee before heading off to my computer room to check on the news of the day, blogs and emails. How long I spend doing that depends entirely on what’s going on but I hate being rushed as I was yesterday.

I spent 2 hours in the Campus Honda waiting room Wednesday morningIMG_0765

The reason I was rushed is because I had a 9:30am service appointment for our Honda Civic down in Victoria. This meant I had to leave home around 8:30am which threw my regular routine out the window. I did get down to Campus Honda in Victoria on time and 2 hours later, after a routine service and a recall check on something called a battery-minder, I was out of there and headed back towards home.

C’mon Costco! You’ve got to be kidding…isn’t it just a tad early for Christmas?IMG_0766

Before I could head up over the Malahat to Cowichan Bay I had to make a quick pit-stop at Costco to pick up a few things. While hustling down the aisle towards the back of the store I was stopped in my tracks by a horrible sight – Christmas stuff… all kinds of it from 5’ tall toy soldiers and snowmen to decorated trees for sale. What the heck, Costco?  Can’t you at least wait until after Halloween to start the hype over Christmas? I quickly bought what we needed and I was outta there!

NASA 3D photo of massive storm over Arizona last Mondayarizona

While browsing around the web yesterday I came across a spectacular NASA satellite photo of the record rain that pummeled Phoenix and other parts of Arizona on Monday. I think I heard somewhere that Phoenix had 3” of rain in one day. How would you like to parked in an RV under the monster storm shown in the above pic! I was happy to see that Palm Springs looked to be pretty much high and dry as usual.

IMG_0788

I’m not really sure what prompted this but I’ve begun to use my iPhone camera more and more lately for the simple reason I always seem to have it with me. Another reason is that for most blog photos I take it seems to do an excellent job. My usual camera, which I love, is my Canon G15 and I seldom leave home without taking it with me especially when we go on our afternoon walks. Even though my G15 is much smaller and lighter than a big, clunky DSLR it’s still a lot bigger than an iPhone.

IMG_0790

I’ve posted 4 photos in today’s blog that I took yesterday. Obviously, the one from space about the Phoenix storm isn’t mine. I used my iPhone 5S for all of them. As long time readers of my blog know I’ve always been of the opinion that for most blog photography it doesn’t make a whit of difference whether you use an expensive Canon or Nikon DSLR or a good point and shoot camera. Computer screens and tablets are not the same as photo paper so the results are much the same no matter the camera. Given the convenience, I’ll be using my iPhone for more pics!

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét