Thứ Tư, 14 tháng 1, 2015

There’s Evidence Of Life Out There Beyond Blogland

To those who have been wondering, and there have been a few, I’m just fine and thanks for asking. For the past several days I’ve been busy enjoying the great weather here in Desert Hot Springs by going for swims in the pool, long soaks in the hot tub, reading outside our rig in the sun or the shade, going for long walks as well as having dinner at a few of our favourite Palm Springs eateries like the Olive Garden. It’s been fun and definitely relaxing but not overly exciting to blog about in my mind.

Rick and Paulett_222[2]

So rather than simply chronicle the routine events of my days I simply explored areas beyond Blogland and discovered there is indeed evidence of life beyond the borders of cyberspace.  Some of the bloggers listed on my sidebar may have also noticed my absence from commenting.  My apologies for that but I have to say I’ve read very few blogs in the past week but I’m sure that will change and I’ll be back to my normal blogland activities pretty soon.

Rick and Paulett_221[2]

Along with normal routine activities, I’ve also been quite busy here at the Sands helping a few friends with computer issues.  That has taken up quite a bit of my time as the issues have ranged from very simple to exceedingly strange (i.e. Croft’s friend who had his laptop hi-jacked by Russians) – first time I’ve ever worked on an actual Russian language issue so there was a lot of hopeful guessing going on there. I was the happiest (and most surprised) guy in the room when it all worked out perfectly!

Gee, Uncle Kevin – you can build blocks higher than my Grandpa!IMG_1413

Meanwhile, back at home on Vancouver Island, we’re happy to report that Mason is doing great and we’re really enjoying our twice a week video chats with him even though he tends to want to click all the computer keys thus managing to disconnect us now and then.  He’s still smiling and laughing and having a great time and we sure enjoy our visits with the little man.  He just loves playing on his Mom’s laptop!

One last thing, we enjoyed a great visit here at our site last Sunday morning with Sue (MoHo Travels).  She also took the photos of both Paulette and myself at the top of this post (I ‘borrowed’ them from her blog – thanks Sue).  Sue is a new quilter so her and Paulette talked up a storm about quilting techniques and stuff.  Thanks for dropping by Sue, we really enjoyed your visit.

Thanks for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét