Thứ Ba, 23 tháng 12, 2014

A Picture Perfect Day Here In Palm Springs

We couldn’t have asked for a better first full-day here in Palm Springs as it was near perfect. Right from sunrise the sky was a clear blue with not a cloud in sight. It was sunny and warm in the morning and by the afternoon it was 85F and hot enough for me to take my first swim of the year in the pool here at the Sands. It sure was a great way to spend our first full day here at the Sands!

It’s always a good feeling to get the fence up so Rylie’s safe and soundIMG_3734

It wasn’t all play and laying around in the sun yesterday as we had to finish setting up our site. The first order of business was putting up a fence to keep our ever inquisitive Rylie from wandering off to visit some of her friends. With that done, Rylie can now come and go out of the 5’er and we don’t have to worry about her running off somewhere. After we finished with the fence, we put all the outdoor mats down and our lawn chairs and recliners.

IMG_3736

One thing I didn’t have to wrestle with this year was setting up our satellite dish. Last summer we switched to cable TV from satellite. After we finished our jobs, I drove into Time Warner to see about getting Internet Broadband Cable and TV service. It was going to be a week for them to get out and do that but they said if I could wire the Receiver, Router, TV and Phone they could send a tech out on Tuesday to remove the filters.  Done!  We’ll have blazing fast Internet service sometime Tuesday!

Looking down the wash to the left from our siteIMG_3739

I kind of fell off the walking wagon while we were travelling but got back at it in full force on Tuesday. In the morning, I walked all the loops in the RV Park and late in the afternoon Paulette and I took Rylie for a walk in the desert around the entire outside of the RV Resort. So, I’m back on track again with a 12,500 step day!

IMG_3740

IMG_3744

The golf course was pretty busy yesterday with the great weather.  When we went for a walk around the exterior of the park in late afternoon.  As for me, I haven’t even swung a golf club since last March while I was still here at the Sands. I think I’ll be doing a bit of practice at the driving range before I venture out on the golf course.

This is ‘Tyson’ an 18 mth. old English BulldogIMG_1309

Along with the golf course and the swimming pool the dog parks at the Sands are also popular places. Rylie and I go there for about an hour early in the morning and then again in late afternoon. This morning we met Tyson who is a beautiful 18 mth. old English Bulldog.  He took a liking to Rylie but Rylie was pretty wary of this big boy!  He’s a gentle, friendly pup though but boy is he solid – like a little tank!

Thanks again for visiting!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét